Car Accident Lawyer Serving Collin, Dallas, and Denton Counties
Unfortunately, with the way people drive these days and all the modern distractions that exist out on the road, vehicle accidents are an all too common occurrence. Being involved in a car accident of any kind can be a frightening and overwhelming experience. That’s why car accident lawyer, Mark O’Bryan, believes in putting you first and doing everything in his power to help you receive the justice and compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages. Let Mark O’Bryan take care of your car accident case, while you take care of yourself.
Mark O’Bryan Handles a Wide Range of Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Injury Cases
Mark O’Bryan handles all different types of vehicle injury cases. Some of the cases Mark O’Bryan focuses on include the following:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Single Vehicle Accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Dram Shop Liability (Accidents Due to Taverns or Bars Serving Alcohol)
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Road Defects
What Happens in a Typical Car Accident Claim or Lawsuit?
Mark O’Bryan has experience dealing with a wide range of car accident cases, including rear-end collisions, side-impact accidents, and head-on crashes. The key in most cases is to determine if another person’s negligence caused the car or vehicle accident. In other words, why did the accident occur, and who was responsible for it?
If another person acts negligently, that means he or she fails to act as a reasonable person would under the same or similar circumstances. For example, driving faster than the posted speed limit or too fast for traffic and weather conditions, running through a red light or stop sign, tailgating, weaving through traffic, failing to yield, driving while impaired by alcohol or prescription drugs, driving while texting or talking on the phone, falling asleep at the wheel, faulty vehicle repairs, and dangerous road conditions are all common types of negligence routinely encountered when handling vehicle accidents.
After a full investigation of the case is complete, a detailed claim is filed with the insurance company. Obviously, the goal is to maximize the value of the claim, and Mark O’Bryan understands how to deal and negotiate with insurance companies and adjusters. Often times, compensation may depend on the amount of insurance coverage that is available in the policies. If the insurance company offers fair value as compensation, it’s quite possible the case may settle without the need to proceed to litigation. But, if they refuse to pay fair value, a lawsuit can be filed to attempt to force them to pay out what the case is really worth. Finally, after a settlement is reached or a verdict is obtained, any claims or liens by health care providers are resolved, and compensation is distributed.
Do You Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
If you’ve been injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, there are several benefits to having an experienced car accident lawyer on your side, including the following:
- Insurance companies are experts at dealing with accident claims, and they look out for their own interests, not yours. In the event they offer to settle with you, they usually offer a small amount to keep you from moving forward and receiving a much larger amount, because they know you lack the expertise to do so.
- Even with witnesses and a police report stating another person was at fault for your accident, that still doesn’t mean the insurance company will agree and accept liability. And, proving that another person’s actions rose to the level of negligence can be quite difficult if you aren’t familiar with the legal elements involved in asserting a negligence claim.
- Your injuries may be more serious than they initially seem; and, once you settle your claim, you cannot go back, reopen it, and demand more. You only get one shot, so you need to make it count and ensure that the compensation you receive actually covers all of the damages you’ve suffered.
- If you decide to sue the person who caused your accident, a number of complex rules and procedures exist that govern the filing of the lawsuit, preparing it for trial, and ultimately litigating it. If you fail to meet a deadline, don’t know how to introduce an exhibit into evidence, or don’t know how to respond to a trial motion, your case could get dismissed or be lost, even though it truly had merit.
- There are several different types of potential damages that may be available to you if you’re injured in a car accident. In addition to medical bills, you may be able to recover for lost wages, pain and suffering, physical impairment, disfigurement, costs associated with vehicle repair or replacement, and more. But, if you aren’t sure which types of damages you’re entitled to, it’s doubtful you’ll end up recovering them.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Whether you’ve been injured as a result of a small fender-bender, severe car wreck, or major 18-wheeler accident, it’s vital that you don’t let your personal and professional well-being suffer and be forever impacted. The Law Office of Mark O’Bryan takes car accident and other vehicle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay any legal fees unless we recover compensation for your injuries. So, if you’ve been injured in a vehicle accident, contact The Law Office of Mark O’Bryan today at (972) 372-4054 to schedule a free consultation and receive the legal guidance and advice you need in order to maximum the compensation you deserve.